Friday, February 24, 2006

How to Count the Carbs in Yogurt


It seems as though it should be simple: read the label and there’s the carb count. Or even, knowing that yogurt is just milk with bacteria added, figuring that plain yogurt should have the same amount of carbohydrate as the milk is was made from. This makes perfect sense, but it turns out to be wrong.

Yogurt is one of the more confusing foods when it comes to carbs. Here is part of an email I received recently: ”I was trying to watch my carbs and also going with some other report that yogurt could help you lost weight - specifically belly fat. So here I was eating my ½ cup of plain non fat yogurt morning and evening...come to find out there is 19 carbs per serving! I was sabotaging myself! So where does yogurt fit in? and where does 19 grams of carbs come from in plain tart yogurt?!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home